Chocolate-Carmel Bark with Quinoa - Makes 15 Servings
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 7 oz dark (72% or 60% cacao) chocolate
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add quinoa and toast 3 minutes stirring constantly. Add the sugar; cook stirring constantly, about 6 minutes or until the sugar is melted. Pour the sugar mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; spread to a thin, even layer. Cool completely; about 10 minutes.
- Placed the sugar and quinoa mixture into a zip bag. Gently break up the sugar into shattered bark.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or on 20% power in the microwave. Stir in most of the quinoa mixture, saving 1/3 cup back.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a 13” x 9” baking dish lined with parchment. Spread to 1/16” thickness. Sprinkle with the remaining quinoa and sugar mixture, sea salt, and the chopped cranberries. Gently press to adhere. Freeze 5-10 minutes to set. Break into 15 or so pieces (about 1 ounce each).
Send us a photo of your recreations. We would love to see them!
Comment below by logging in with your social media site, OR type in your name and email and check the "I'd rather post as a guest" box to send us your message.
Send us a picture by clicking on the image icon after writing your comment.