These caprese skewers combine tomatoes with basil, mozzarella, olive oil and balsamic for an appetizer that's both easy and impressive!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 21 minutes
Author: Dinner at the Zoo
- 24 red cherry tomatoes
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 24 bite sized fresh mozzarella balls
- 36 small basil leaves
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Balsamic glaze salt and pepper to taste
- Start with 12 (6-in.) skewers. Thread the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella onto the skewers in the pattern shown in the images above.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the skewers on a plate and drizzle with the olive oil mixture.
- Place the balsamic glaze in a small plastic bag with one corner snipped off. Drizzle the balsamic over the skewers, then serve.