Mushroom & Chicken Marsala - Serves 4
- 2 ½ Tbs butter
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ Tbs canola oil
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 8 oz skinless, boneless, chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 ½ Tbs chopped fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ dry Marsala wine
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Melt 1 ½ tsp butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add quinoa to the pan. Sauté 3 minutes or until toasted. Add 1 ¼ cups chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand at least 10 minutes. Stir in ¼ tsp salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 ½ tsp oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add spinach and cook 1 ½ minutes until wilted. Remove and set aside the spinach.
- Melt 1 ½ tsp butter and add 1 ½ tsp oil and swirl to coat. Add the mushrooms and cook 8 minutes to brown on all sides. Remove and set aside the mushrooms.
- Add the remaining 1 ½ tsp oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the diced chicken to the pan. Sauté for 4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add shallots, thyme, and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add the wine and remaining stock to deglaze the pan. Cook 2 minutes until reduced by two-thirds and becomes syrupy. Remove from the heat and add 1 ½ Tbs butter, mustard, pepper, ½ tsp salt. Stir until the butter melts and combines with the sauce.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach to the chicken and sauce. Reheat if needed. Serve over quinoa.
Send us a photo of your recreations. We would love to see them!
Comment below by logging in with your social media site, OR type in your name and email and check the "I'd rather post as a guest" box to send us your message.
Send us a picture by clicking on the image icon after writing your comment.