- 2 tsp minced shallots
- 1 Tbs sherry vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 4 Tbs (2 oz) extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tsp water
1. Put the shallots, vinegar, salt and pepper into a small deep bowl. Slowly pour 2 Tbs of olive oil into the bowl, beating constantly with a fork. Beat in the water and then the rest of the olive oil.
2. Season to taste.
- 1/3 cup (1.5 oz) pistachio nuts, toasted
- 1 cup (6.25 oz) quinoa
- 1 ½ cup (12 oz) water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 scallions, whites only, sliced
- ¼ cup (1.25 oz) dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
1. Toast the quinoa in a medium skillet over high heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until it lightly browns and starts to crackle, about 5 minutes). Transfer to a pot and add the water and salt, cover and bring to a simmer. Cook until the quinoa is soft but still has a little bite, about 15 minutes.
2. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and let it cool. Add the pistachios, celery, scallions, and cranberries. Dress the salad with the sherry vinaigrette.