- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar blend
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp cloves or allspice
- 6 Slices light, whole-grain cubed
- 3 Medium Apples cubed
- 1/2 cup of any one of the following: raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or dried blueberries, chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- Pre-Heat oven to 350
- Spray 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- In large bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, milk, sugar blend, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add bread and apple cubes. Add fruit or nuts if desired. Mix well.
- Pour mixture in to prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
Recipe from recipes.heart.org