Enjoy your Independence Day celebration with this collection of perfect picnic recipes that we are sure you will enjoy!
Beverage - Watermelon Margaritas
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 3½ cups cubed seeded watermelon
- ½ cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional)
- Place 2 teaspoons sugar in a saucer. Rub the rims of 6 glasses with 1 lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat. Set prepared glasses aside.
- Combine watermelon and next 4 ingredients (through Triple Sec) in a blender; process until smooth. Fill each prepared glass with ½ cup crushed ice. Add ½ cup margarita to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls, if desired.
NA BEVERAGE - Southern Breeze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (0.22-ounce) envelope unsweetened blue raspberry lemonade mix
- 7 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (46-ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 (2-liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher; pour evenly into 5 ice cube trays, and freeze at least 8 hours.
- Combine pineapple juice and ginger ale; serve over raspberry ice cubes.
Hors d'oeuvre - Party Poppers
- 12 medium jalapeno chiles
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 hickory-smoked bacon slices, cut in half
- 24 wooden picks
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut each chile in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
- Stir together cream cheese, chicken, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Spoon 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons chicken mixture into each chile half, spreading to fill cavity. Wrap each half with a bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place poppers on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until bacon begins to crisp and chiles are softened, about 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil until bacon is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
HORS D'OEUVRE - Shrimp-in-a-pickle
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 small purple onions, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- Layer shrimp and onion slices in an airtight container.
- Whisk together oil and next 10 ingredients; pour over shrimp mixture. Cover and chill 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
SANDWICH - EASY BARBECUE SLIDERS
- 2 (12-oz.) packages French rolls, split
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded barbecued pork
- Barbecue sauce
- Bake rolls according to package directions. Serve barbecued pork on rolls with barbecue sauce and coleslaw.
Dessert – Lemon Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat flour, sugar, butter, and lemon peel on low speed until crumbly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with wire whisk, lightly beat eggs. Beat in remaining filling ingredients except lemon juice and lemon peel until well blended. Beat in the 1/4 cup lemon juice and peel.
- Remove partially baked crust from over. Pour filling over warm crust.
- Return to oven; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until top if light golden brown. Cool completely, at least an hour.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired spreading consistency until smooth. Spread glaze over cooled bars. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator, but allow bars to come to almost room temperature before serving.
Photo Source: Pillsbury.com
Comment below by logging in with your social media site, OR type in your name and email and check the "I'd rather post as a guest" box to send us your message.
Send us a picture by clicking on the image icon after writing your comment.