Try this tasty BLT Pasta Salad created by Chef Annie Leslie. Annie graduated number one in her class at the Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park, NY) in 2009. She is currently Executive Chef and Commercial Research and Development Manager at AmeriQual Foods in Evansville, IN.
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ pound bacon, diced
- 3 cups fresh arugula or spinach chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook chopped bacon in a skillet until crisp and brown. Remove bacon and drain on a plate with paper towel. Drain the grease except for 1 Tbs.
- Boil pasta in salted water to desired texture. Drain in a colander.
- In a skillet, heat the bacon grease in the pan. When warm add the chopped greens and stir until starting to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, pasta, olive oil and bacon. Toss to warm. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or chill to make it to go.
Send us a photo of your recreations. We would love to see them!
Comment below by logging in with your social media site, OR type in your name and email and check the "I'd rather post as a guest" box to send us your message.
Send us a picture by clicking on the image icon after writing your comment.