This recipe was featured in a demonstration at our Love Your Kitchen, Love Your Heart event at our La Crosse, WI Store. This event was held in conjuction with the American Heart Association in support of Go Red for Women.
Save The Date for the next Go Red for Women event in La Crosse on Wednesday, June 15th. Learn more by visiting the AHA's Event Page.
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz jarred artichoke hearts, liquid drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 lb pre-cooked chicken
- Fresh spinach - a couple of handfuls
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil or ghee (1-2 tablespoons to saute the veggies, another tablespoon for cooking
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and saute the chopped onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic in with the onions, and saute together one more minute
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the sauteed onions and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are golden. Add salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to the pan then toss in the Roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives. Sprinkle in the parsley, oregano, and stir a fe minutes.
- Next add the chopped chicken and spinach to the pan - stir and cook 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Send us a photo of your recreations, We would love to see them!
Comment below by logging in with your social media site, OR type in your name and email and check the "I'd rather post as a guest" box to send us your message.
Send us a picture by clicking on the image icon after writing your comment.