Serves : 6-8
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• ½ small onion diced fine
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 3 cups whole milk
• 1 cup Fine ground Semolina (or cornmeal)
• 1 cup Parmesan cheese
• Salt and White pepper to taste
1. Heat a medium-size pot on medium-high heat, add olive oil and butter and allow butter to melt.
2. Sweat the onion and garlic over medium heat until the onion is translucent and the garlic is a light golden brown.
3. Add the milk. Bring the milk to a quick boil and reduce to a simmer.
4. Season with salt and white pepper.
5. Reduce heat to a minimum. Then start whisking constantly and adding the semolina in a slow, steady stream. When the semolina is totally incorporated, keep whisking for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
6. Whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Cover the pot and let rest for 2 minutes.
7. Serve the polenta and garnish with some fresh grated Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil.
8. Get Fekerized.