This is a very simple-looking sandwich, but the flavors of lemon, fennel and salmon can get you biting for more.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh fennel leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-4 slices smoked salmon (quantity depends on size of the slices)
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, fennel, lemon zest, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on the bread, and place a slice or slices of salmon.
- Slice the bread into bite-size pieces.