These caprese skewers combine tomatoes with basil, mozzarella, olive oil and balsamic for an appetizer that's both easy and impressive!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 21 minutes
Author Dinner at the Zoo
- 24 red cherry tomatoes
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 24 bite sized fresh mozzarella balls
- 36 small basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1 /2 tablespoons balsamic glaze salt and pepper to taste
1. Start with 12 6-inch skewers. Thread the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella onto the skewers in the pattern shown in the images above.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange the skewers on a plate and drizzle with the olive oil mixture.
4. Place the balsamic glaze in a small plastic bag with one corner snipped off. Drizzle the balsamic over the skewers, then serve.