Pie Crust - use store bought ... no one will ever know
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 3 T granulated sugar
- 1 T melted butter
- 1 T corn starch
- 1 ½ tground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tart apples such as granny smith; peeled, sliced
- ½ cup plus 2 T dk brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 T light corn syrup
- 3 T melted butter
- 2 T all purpose flour
19” inch pie
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Baking Time 40 – 45 minutes
- For pie crust. Put flour & salt into large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle in water, 1 T at a time, mixing well w/fork until flour is moistened and soft dough forms. Divide in half and shape into 2 balls. Refrigerate. Covered, until needed.
- Mix corn syrup, sugar, butter, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add apples, mix well.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out 1 ball On a well-floured surface to fit a 9” pie pan. Fit into a pan. Fill with apple mixture. Roll out remaining dough for top crust. Put over filling. Seal & flute edges. Make 4 slashes on top for steam vents
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350 bake until crust is golden; about 30 more minutes.
- Meanwhile for topping, mix ingredients in small bowl. Pour topping over pie. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve War