- 1 5# pound bag of potatoes (golden or russet are fine)
- ½ stick of margarine
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 pkgs of dry HIDDEN VALLEY ranch dressing (powder form)
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 small can of mushrooms (bits and pcs)
- a little milk of needed
- 1 pkg extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Bake the potatoes at 375 for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven and scoop out and place all potato insides in extra large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients except mushrooms and cheese. Use the juice from the can of mushrooms to mash (you may need a little milk too)
- Mix well to a nice mashed consistency. Fold mushrooms in. Place in large casserole dish (I like to use a covered one like a deep oval one).
- Grate 10 –12 ozs of cheddar cheese and place on top
- Cover and cook for 1 hour at 350 or Microwave uncovered for 20 minutes stirring every 5.