· 1-1/2 pounds smoked whitefish, skinned and boned
· 1/2 cup minced red onion
· 1 head whole garlic
· 1/2 cup minced celery
· 1/2 Bunch Italian parsley chopped fine
· 1 head bib/Boston lettuce washed dried and leaves separated
· 2 roma tomatoes diced
· Zest of one lemon
· 1-1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
· 1 cup good mayonnaise
· 1-1/2 Tablespoons Extra virgin Olive Oil
· 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
· Toasted sliced cibatta or baguette
1. With your hands, flake the whitefish in big pieces, being careful to discard all the skin and bones.
2. In a medium bowl, gently combine the red onion, Italian parsley, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning. Add whitefish and fold gently.
3. Rub each piece of bread with the whole garlic.
4. Arrange two or three lettuce leafs per plate to make a flower shape. Scoop a small amount of the smoked Whitefish salad into each lettuce cup. Garnish each cup with diced tomato, Italian parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Serve with the crostinis.
Chef’s Note: This will be great with a glass of Chardonnay.